$1 Million Doesn’t Cut It for Retirement
Conventional wisdom says you need to save $1 million for retirement.
75% of Baby Boomers Aren’t Prepared for Retirement
There are 77 million Baby Boomers marching toward retirement as we speak. Some are 10 years away or less. Unfortunately, most are quite ill-prepared and ill-equipped to make their visions and expectations for retirement come true. They don’t know how much to save and to appropriately invest in order to create a portfolio that will last a lifetime of retirement. Only about 25% of Baby Boomers are confident about their retirement prospects and are on track for a comfortable retirement
If only about 25% are adequately prepared, what’s going to happen to the other 75%?
They’re going to realize how unprepared they are when it’s too late to do anything about it. They’ll have to keep working past the usual retirement ages of 65 to 70. Maybe part-time, maybe full-time.
What about Social Security? Nobody knows whether Social Security will still be around, or at what age you’ll be able to claim benefits. The government could very easily raise the benefit age by five years or more as a way of preserving the program. From a financial perspective, I see a country that’s on the verge of a crisis. Only 20% of the Baby Boom generation has a company retirement plan (and even less are taking advantage of it). The other 80% are completely on their own.
But isn’t the Baby Boomer generation savvy about money? Unfortunately, that’s a myth. Most baby boomers were never properly instructed about money. They didn’t study it in school. Their parents lived through the depression and as a result money was a taboo subject at home. Then the boom of the 80’s and 90s created the false impression that the stock market can always bail you out. That’s an illusion. You have to know how to think about money, especially long-term investments that yield income. Most Baby Boomers don’t have a clue.
Here is the BIG Question… Will you have enough money to last you for the rest of your lifestyle or will you have more life and less money? Will you have money to leave for your kids and grand kids or just exist and prey that you can afford your life.
The Gold Buy Sell Program is a no risk way to create Wealth Accumulation for yourself, your family and generations to come.
More from TheStreet.com:
That target may be easy to remember, but it falls short of the true cost of what’s required for post-career comfort. Longer life spans, the threat of inflation and the uncertain future of Social Security benefits make this long-touted savings advice inadequate for most, advisers say.
Scottrade recently polled 226 registered investment advisers on the topic and found that 71% don’t believe $1 million is enough for the average American family. Most said families need to save double, or more than triple, the amount.
“Younger generations, especially, need to set their retirement goals higher than other generations and start saving as early as possible,” says Craig Hogan, Scottrade’s director of customer-relationship management and reporting.
The survey solicited opinions about the current investment habits of Americans. Questions were broken down by generations to determine advisers’ opinions on average investment goals in today’s dollars for various groups.
Generation Y (ages 18 to 26) needs to save at least $2 million, according to 77% of advisers. Forty percent put the figure at $3 million.
Nearly half of advisers (46%) said Generation X (ages 27 to 42) should at least double the $1 million goal. Twenty-two percent suggested more than $3 million.
For Boomers (ages 43 to 64), 35% recommended $2 million to $3 million. Thirty percent suggested $1.5 million to $2 million.
According to Scottrade’s analysis, seniors are the only generation that may come close to needing only $1 million. Forty-four percent of advisers said $500,000 to $1.5 million is sufficient for average families in that age bracket.
Bill Smith, president of Ohio-based Great Lakes Retirement Group, is among the advisers who took part in the survey. As he sees it, too many people rely on online retirement calculators. Much of that guidance uses a target based on making do with 70% to 80% of pre-retirement income.
All that being said the big question is How do I save or earn enough for my retirement ?
How do I save or earn enough to pass on to my kids and grandkids?
Will I live longer then my money?
What if the market does not turn around? I have lost so much equity in my house.
Is there a “safe way” to bring me wealth generation?
The answer is Yes.
It is called Platform Trading. Our Professional Traders use gold arbitrage in a system called a “Managed Buy Sell Program”. Clients who have $50,000 to $1M or more in their own personal bank account can re-position funds to an asset management contract to earn incredible profits with the Trader in a “safe controlled environment”
Joseph P. Tufo, PresidentCASH FLOW SPECIALISTS, INC.
925-522-0700 Direct800-669-2700 Toll-Free USA Only
Referral Key: http://www.referralkey.com/
Google Profile: http://www.google.
You are welcome to participate in future Wednesday weekly conference calls.
Learn about project funding and asset monetization too.Listen to client testimonials and ask questions. We are fully transparent and real.
September 14, 2011 Wednesday Weekly Conference Call Week 37: Small Cap Programs $50k to $5m, Project Funding, and More
September 21, 2011 Wednesday Weekly Conference Call Week 38: Small Cap Programs $50k to $5m, Project Funding, and More
September 28, 2011 Wednesday Weekly Conference Call Week 39: Small Cap Programs $50k to $5m, Project Funding, and More
Private Client Services $50k to $100m, Project Funding, Asset Monetization, and Business ConsultingFor access to information on raising capital for your business visit:
Providing Honest Answers in a Timely Manner No Matter How Difficult the Situation.Trust, Integrity, and Service: Here Today, Here Tomorrow
GOLD COMMODITIES CURRICULUM – MANAGED BUY/SELL PROGRAM – $ FAST SAFE RETURNS $ BIG PROFITS $ABOVE GROUND RESERVES- (ORE-TAILINGS-COMPOSITES-
ASSET MONETIZING-PAPER ASSETS/CMO’s/BOND’s/CD’s/
T-STRIPS-MTN’S-BG’S-MANAGED TRADE-BUY/SELL-PPP-TRADING PLATFORMS
100% COMMERCIAL FUNDING-JOINT VENTURE- NO LOAN TO REPAY-TRUE JV
HIGH YIELD PRIVATE PLACEMENT PROGRAMS-TRADE PLATFORMS
FINANCIAL INSTRUMENTS PURCHASE-T-STRIPS-MTN’S-BG’S
OUT OF GROUND HARD ASSETS PROGRAMS
WE BUY GOLD/DUST/DORE/BULLION-USED RAILS-SCRAP METALS-COAL
FEE AND COMMISSION BASEDPlease click on the link below to read our Disclaimer